4.24.2006

Tonight's Lecture

With my Uncle, I attended this year's last lecture of the series put on by the University of Judaism. I guess some are heavily Jewish, but this was was about US foreign policy, specifically in the Mid East. I wasn't expecting much until I heard the discussion panel:

-Gen. Wesley Clark, retired 4-star US general
-Dr. David Kay, head of the Iraq Survey Group which found the non-existence of WMDs in Iraq
-Gov. Tom Ridge, Former US Secretary of Homeland Security

And all those guys were moderated by George Stephanopoulos.

Excellent lecture. A little long, but pretty informative. Basically Clark, Kay, and Ridge, each in their own words, admitted that our intelligence is worse than anyone realizes, we're not nearly as safe as we think we are, watch out for China and India in the next 30 years, and Cowboy diplomacy doesn't work.

No comments: