6.09.2006

Lies

I was at Toyota of Orange getting my tires rotated, when I got a call from the teacher I was in for yesterday. She said a child accused me of saying something to him, that I unequivocally know I would never say to anybody, including a 12 year old kid. The kid straight up lied to the teacher about what he accused me of, and the teacher, not believeing him completely, called me personally to find out what happened. With hope that it blows over, but afraid that it's going to blow up instead, I'm not going to say what I was accused of saying, but if you've known me, you'd know it's something I'd never even think, let alone say. Feel free to IM me about it, but it's not going to appear on this blog for a while. If I said what I allegedly said, I would've expected immediate reprocussions. And you've got to understand that while my methods are somehwat unorthodox in the classroom, I've never said anything that I wouldn't 100% admit to. Also, if I did say something to this kid that was apparently so heinous, one would think the school would've heard from the kid's parents. Now, most students I have like me. In fact, I've been told that I'm the cool sub on more than one occasion. Now if a kid doesn't like me, that's fine. I don't have to like anybody. But even the kids that don't like me don't cross paths with me. This kid caused problems and I threatened a referral if he didn't stop acting up. He didn't, so he got a referral. When I give punishment out, I always give the kid a chance to redeem himself at the end of the day, and I allowed the kid the same courtesy. When he returned to me (one period later), we talked, he said he was sorry, I asked him for the referral, and he said he had already thrown it away. I reprimanded him for it, but I let the punishment slide. He even came and slapped hands with me at the end of the day and left with a smile on his face. Frankly, I feel betrayed. Fuck it. The year is almost over, and I don't have to sub anymore. I'm starting to think teaching isn't the right path for me after all.

2 comments:

"Mr. Rost" said...

Listen and heed:

Subbing is NOT teaching.

Jeff said...

And oral sex isn't sex. Doesn't mean they're dissimilar.