6.26.2006

Wookies don't live on Endor!

I've been watching the Star Wars Trilogy Eric burned for me pretty much non-stop. It's the original Trilogy ripped off laserdisc, too, not this new shit with all the edits. I been watching it so much, not because I'm a Star Wars junkie, but because I'm too lazy to put new DVDs in the player. I think I'm on my 3rd pass in as many weeks. I laugh a little inside every time I hear the Wilhelm Scream. I'm at the part of Return of the Jedi where Luke and Leia just got speederbikes on Endor. Also, I hate Ewoks.

In other news, I'm pretty close to working at Z's again. I've talked to the right people. I'm gonna go in tomorrow and go through all the new hire paperwork bullshit. For those that don't know, I worked there for 3 years (almost to the day) when I left for bigger and better. Bigger and better somehow eluded me, so I need a job where I can make at least $400-$600 a week, and waiting tables for 20 hours a week for that much for beats the shit out of temping 40 hours a week for just as much (or probably less) money.

Also, Adam & The Smiling Tyrants have found a new drummer. He's good, can play our tunes, and knows when to be creative. We're pretty amped on getting our shit together and laying down a demo, now that we have a full band. If anyone has the hookup on a studio (cheap or free) and can get us time to put 4 tunes down, PLEASE share the love. Adam is working on booking a gig in HB, btw. Hopefully I'll have more news on that by the end of the month.

And in weirder news, I'm in the process of compiling a list of things I want to do before I die. I thought about this tonight before I went to rehearsal, and it seemed like a cool idea. I'm sure I'll blog about that when I get it written out.

Two bits to the first person who can reference this blog title.

Later, bitches.

3 comments:

Kevin Sole said...

There you see? All of a sudden my costume is pretty bad ass huh?
Dude dressing up like Hitler is not bad ass.
You're just jealous why don't you go back to Endor you stupid wookie?
Wookies don't live on Endor.
[In a mocking voice]Wookies don't live on Endor
Well at least my mom's not on the cover of Crack Whore magazine.
What! What did you say!


:p

Things you want to do before you die hm? I have no idea what my list would look like. That'd be almost impossible for me to compile.

How do you compile a list like that?

Weird. I can't even do it improv.

Jeff said...

Nice work, dude. I knew you wouldn't let me down.

I'm not sure how to compile a list like that either. I just want to do things like live for a year in a country where English isn't the primary language, attain fluency in two (or more) languages, drink Guinness in Ireland, eat sushi in Japan (preferably off a naked geisha). It's mostly travel goals, but I'd like to mentor a kid, too. I'd also like to wear a kilt for a weekend in Las Vegas, but those two things have nothing to do with each other.

Kevin Sole said...

Ah, I can find just about anything. I'm not even a South Park fan. (I mean, I'll watch the show, but I'm not rabid, or anywhere near.)

I'm really going to have to think about this. Right now, the only list I have in my head is, well... why I hate humanity.

I'm going to write it down one day. It seems really.. mean.. of me, but it frustrates me, and maybe some people share the feeling? I don't know.

I'm really interested in this list of yours though. It's ridiculous, but I .. don't know what I want to do.

I mean, I've discussed this on my blog before. I simply don't know what I want. I'm just such a pessimist.

A kilt in Las Vegas?

... I'm reasonably certain that's NOT going on my list. Haha.