8.23.2006

Do I care? No. No, I don't.

When you go to the doctor, what's the first thing you do? Sign in.

Today at my Optometrist's office, I showed up at 2pm, when their lunch break ended. I had an appointment. I walked up to the door as the girl inside was unlocking it. Like, as soon as she unlatched the lock, my hand was turning the handle. It was a feat of perfect timing. Unbeknownst to me, there were people standing outside the office, waiting to get in (the thing to understand is that my Eye Doc is essentially in a strip mall, surrounded by stores; needlecraft on one side, a bike store and a bank on the other). So I walk in, and sign in. There was this old guy (50-60 years old), who says to me as I'm signing in

"Hey buddy, there's other people who were waiting outside longer than you!" Very angry. Very gruff. He was eager to get loud, and today, I woke up a Nihilist.

"Good." Says I, pen in hand.

Then, he says something to me about there having been a woman waiting outside, and something about should've let her go first. I just looked at him, shrugged my shoulders, and gave him a "whatever."

Out of the three of us, I was last to be served, and I couldn't've cared less.

What compels people to just speak up and talk shit when it doesn't make a difference? I guess some people just like to hear the sound of their own voice, even when it's bitching.

No comments: