12.21.2006

Merry Xmas. More beer reviews on the way.

I'm all stocked up for a slew of Winter-time beer reviews. I've lined up 5 brews for everyone.

In no particular order:

Flying Bison Barleywine - Buffalo, NY

I bought this one because it made me think of Hobbits. I've never had anything to do with Barleywine, so this one'll be interesting to try.

El Jefe Weizen - Seattle, WA

I had to get this one. "Jefe" is probably the only nickname that's stuck with me since Spanish 1 at Canyon High, and when I saw it on this beer, I couldn't resist.

Samichlaus - Oesterreich, Austria

I only learned of Samichlaus (pron: "Sammy-Claus") earlier this week from BrainOfJ of BKV.TV. Not only is it purported to be the rarest beer in the world, it's also said to be the world's strongest at 14% Alcohol-by-volume. If you happen to read this, this is your invitation to my house on Xmas to have some. Anything left over gets put away until Xmas '07. I've already had one bottle, but you're going to have to wait for my review to know if it doesn't suck.

Reaper Ritual Dark Ale - Vista, CA

Yes, the same Reaper as the Redemption Red from my 8th review. Reaper: The Sequel. This is their dark ale. I liked the red so much, I felt compelled to get this one. Expect a slew of Reaper reviews in the coming months. Apparently Reaper cancelled the contract they had with their brewer, so I'm gonna try to buy one of each of their brews before the're completely gone.

Hitachino Nest White Ale - Kounsosu, Japan

And in the spirit of giving a previously reviewed brewery another fair shake, I picked up a bottle of Kiuchi Brewery's Hitachino White Ale. I was fucking stoked when I saw this today. I can't wait to try it. Let's not forget that the Red Rice Ale spawned not only my current review system, but my secret desire to try all the Japanese brews you've never heard of.



We all have a lot of beer to look forward to this season. Here's to life and friends: May there always be plenty of cold beer in both.

No comments: