1.23.2007

(In)sanity... -or- While your cock still works! Still works! Still works!

It's Tuesday morning and my eyes are on fire. No, really. My eyeballs are burning. I think I pet the cat just before rubbing my eyes this morning, and I've pretty much confirmed that I have at least a little bit of allergy to cats. Of course Barb and I both noticed that a handful of years ago, house/cat sitting for Kei. Anyway, I got my external HD yesterday, and promptly backed up my entire hard drive using Eric's recommendation for software. This now means I'm back on my laptop. All I need to do now is weed out all the shit, but that's a task that can wait for a different day.

Yesterday was a fucked up day. Dunno how it was for the rest of you, but I was supposed to have the day off so I could concentrate on getting my car fixed and procuring a rental. I had to bail on Aikido, which made me feel terrible, but I got the xB to the shop, and picked up a Hyundai Sonata from the rental place (Sorry Eric, LB Mini was just too far out of the way). I got a call from that girl that was to take my shift, and she said that she couldn't, officially, and I ended up at work at 1120.

I trained a gorgeous South African girl who should be a model, not a waitress. And she has no experience, so all the common sense restaurant things that I take for granted have to be taught to her. But it's like I've said before, it can't be common sense if you don't know anything about it. So between all my car shit, planning to have the day off, then having to train this chick, I was off my game a little bit at work. Not to mention the series of phone calls (which started at 330a) that were made to try and understand a situation that, unfortunately, I can't share in such a public forum as this. It's a captivating story, however, which was mostly resolved at the end of the day. I'll just say it involved the police, a broken transmission, a busted window, and drinking, not necessarily in that order.

In the midst of all this, I missed the call from my insurance company, so it's going to take another day to sort out the accident. Lets see if the adjuster calls back while I'm at work again.

The Tyrants had rehearsal last night for our gig at 14 Below in Santa Monica on Feb 15th. We got Tim to come out, our new trumpeter, which was good. Dave also, on a tangent, started singing the words "While your cock still works!" in a gospel style, which in turn caused the rest of us, in a beer-clouded haze, to join in. Picture 4 guys, all singing "While your cock still works" in a house for no other reason than just to do it. It was hilarious. I've been singing it all night, and morning. I can't wait to bring it into work.

No comments: