5.19.2007

Currently Reading.

I've been reading a lot lately. I finished "Sirens of Titan" on the plane back from AZ. Finished it on the runaway at John Wayne Airport, actually, waiting to deplane. I've just started "The Wild Trees," a narrative non-fiction novel by Richard Preston, about exploring the giant redwoods. It's pretty amazing so far. Preston was on The Daily Show a couple months back, promoting Wild Trees. It's about the first guys that climbed to the top of the 30-plus stories tall California Redwoods in 1987 (I think). I'm about 5 chapters in at this point, and it's been a great read so far.

On deck is the new Michael Chabon novel, "The Yiddish Policeman's Union," then "God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater," yet another Vonnegut. Also, Fight Club (finally).

2 comments:

P. said...

Fight Club is good, but you gotta read "Survivor" and "Choke" by Palahnuik. They'll blow ya mind yo.

M. D. Vaden of Oregon said...

Did you get through The Wild Trees?

I put together a page which I post whenever a redwood related blog is stumbled upon:

Atlas Grove, Grove of Titans and Redwoods

Same trees. Not just the same type, but the same ones named in the book. I read quite a few reviews by people saying they wished they had photos. So I added another page to my site with photos of those redwoods.

Cheers,

MDV