9.19.2007

A: Left Field

Q: Where did the last five days come from?

Ok, I haven't blogged since Friday. Sorry, loyal fans. A lot's happened since then. We'll see how much I get to.

I went back to work at 5 that afternoon, in a good mood, happy for my sushi & Hellboy. I think I played some guitar hero 2, too. As soon as I stepped across the threshold of my restaurant, I was ready to snap necks. I was so upset over what had transpired earlier that day (apparently), that I was such a fucking asshole for the first hour or so. Everyone pointed out to me that I was "grumpy" or that I "looked annoyed." Well, I was. Everything was setting me off, and there wasn't much I could do about it. I told some of my friends & top servers to watch out. I even had to apologize once or twice to some coworkers. At the end of the night, a long-time friend came by the Z to say hi. We ended up hitting it off. She hipped me to a bunch of new music, including this... gypsy folk band, Beirut. There's so much Eastern European stuff in their music, it's enchanting. I can't stop listening to 'em. I ended up having that day off (much to the chagrin of my coworkers. I heard the place fell apart with one less manager), so I listened to music all day, ate In & Out & watched Oldboy. An intense Korean action movie. I missed some shit during the first viewing, so I've been itching to watch it again.

Jonny came by that afternoon. We went to the Outback, ate & drank beer, then we went to see Mike play in LB. Sunday, I met Jessica & Olivia (friends from work) for lunch. Olivia brought her 3 year old son. Jessica, her white sunglasses. We went to BJs & split a pizza. I took those linked-to pictures on that outing. Had to work that night. Monday, I went to Aikido for the first time in more than a month. Between a back injury, my scrotal malady, & my work schedule, I haven't had time for any Aikido. It was great to start back up again. The guys, for my birthday, got me a bokken. They think I have some ability with the sword. I've been meaning to pick one up, and was so surprised with it yesterday. I didn't have my glasses on, so I had no idea it was coming. I had (good) pho for the first time in a month, too. It was a good day. Work that night was cool. Nothing exciting happened. Thankfully. It wasn't a clusterfuck like last week. Now, it's 210, I have to get up in less than 5 hours for work & I'm damn tired. I think my bourbon is kicking in, too.

No comments: