1.31.2008

Y the Last Issue...



I knew it was coming. For the last 12 months, I knew the end was inevitable. They said 'final story arc,' and I didn't heed the warnings. Today, I spent my $4.99 on Y the Last Man # 60, knowing it was the final issue, but I didn't care. It wasn't until I read it, and then reflected on it on BKV's message board that it really, truly got to me. I'm talking tears welling up in the eyes got-to-me. Y the Last Man has been such a treat for my imagination these last five years, that it kills me to see it go. I literally feel like a part of my life has come to an end. A small part, mind you, but a part, nonetheless. In the next few weeks, I'm going to dig out all the other 59 issues (at least 50 of them hiding somewhere in my parents' house) and reread from start to finish. I might buy the first trade paperback, since my #1 is signed =D I know there's scores of stuff that I missed the first time through. It's gonna drive me crazy...

No comments: