7.19.2008

Burnout.

It's nearly one AM, and I just got home from my shift tonight. One of my long-time regulars at the restaurant pulled me aside and told me that I'm visibly upset, or worn out, or that something's the matter with me. This guy is incredibly perceptive, and completely nice. I've known him and his family for the last 5-6 years, through the restaurant, and they've been nothing but nice to me throughout that entire time. We talked a little bit, and he laid some sage advice on me (he and his wife have 4 or 5 kids and they've got to be late 30s/early 40s, tops). But I do feel unsettled, and I'm not sure what I need to do to settle myself. Between school issues and money issues and medical issues and my Comic Con trip next week, I think I'm just scatterbrained.

Part of my demeanor tonight was that I'm completely fucking tired lately, too. I say that after I climb into bed with Dawn & Willy, ready to pass out, only to gain a second wind. I'm here in front of the E! Network, with a Corona and a shot of 4 Copas Reposado 100% Organic Tequila (a pretty fuckin' smooth shooting tequila), trying to relax and center myself, while praying for a catharsis from tonight's blog so I can get to sleep. Of course, I need to get a little deeper for that, and I don't see that happening just yet.

I've got to get my shit straight for tomorrow, since it's my only day before Tuesday to get all the errands in and buy incidental shit I'm gonna need for San Diego before we go.



P.S.: The tequila's working...

No comments: