10.23.2008

Suspension of Disbelief

Not that I normally go in for this sort of talk, but apparently we have a ghost in our apartment. Now, aliens, Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, Dracula, zombies, you name it, I probably have thought that it's real at some point, but I've never believed in the existence of ghosts.

Willy was in the second bedroom today with a chicken treat (his favorite), when he came out shaking with the chicken left in the room, uneaten. That's when Dawn laid the ghost story on me. She's known about our ghost for a while, but she didn't want to shake me up. I didn't believe her, because I don't believe in ghosts. But I trust her feelings, and Willy was visibly upset. He's not usually shaken up like that. He eats chicken like it's going out of style.

To see if I can make a difference in this situation, after Dawn left for work, I went in the room and talked to this ghost I don't believe in. I told him how if he doesn't want to be part of this family, he needs to find a new place to live, but if he want to be part of this family, he's welcome. I got some serious head to toe chills when I said that. My entire body was tingling for quite a long time. This was 30 minutes ago. I've still got weird chills. Maybe I'm just cold, but I'm dressed pretty warmly.

Now, I'm not saying I believe in ghosts just yet, but I'm certainly suspending disbelief for the time being.

No comments: