1.11.2009

Vonnegut blog

I am fortunate enough to own eight of his books. I've read seven of them, in this order:


  1. Cat's Cradle
  2. Slaughterhouse Five
  3. Sirens of Titan
  4. God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater
  5. Timequake
  6. Player Piano
  7. Galàpagos (Just finished)

Dawn's Grandma bought me Armageddon in Retrospect for xmas, which was published posthumously by his son. I think I'm gonna start on that one soon.

What I've noticed so far is that these books really don't have endings; that is to say, they just happen to come to an end at that particular time. Sirens of Titan definitely ends when it ends, but Slaughterhouse Five ends in the middle. Read it for it to make sense. Cat's Cradle, still in my top 2 on this list, if I had to rate them. Galàpagos is interesting in that the narration leaves very little to surprise. There is quite a bit of allusion to what takes place later in the book. Also, there are characters, names of characters, and locations that appear, in one way or another, in all of the books. If you haven't read any of them, do yourself a favor. I wasn't sure where to start, so I used this list, from his Wikipedia page.

--------------------------------------

I wrote this and blogger wouldn't post. I finished Armageddon in Retrospect yesterday (1/20/9) and I'm onto another author's book before Breakfast of Champions gets here.

No comments: