2.18.2009

Man v. Food, my most guilty pleasure

On the Travel Channel, my new favorite show is called Man v. Food. I cannot stop watching this show. I come home from work or school, and I pray the fine programmers at the Travel Channel decided to run all the episodes that night. I can't get enough of it. This guy, Adam Richman, is a trained actor, not a chef, and he goes around the country, attempting food challenges. Tonight's episode brought him to Orochan Ramen in LA to eat their Special #2 Ramen, an extremely spicy ramen. The tag line for these challenges is always "thousands have tried, but only a few have completed the challenge." I think Paul from Aikido told me about this place a couple years ago. Anyway, Adam goes back into the kitchen to see how it's made, then he has his crack at eating every little bit of noodle, veg, & broth out of what looks like a 64 oz. bowl (at minimum). Watch the episode to see if he can stomach the heat or not. Such a good show, though. It makes me think about how little I really get out there and eat. I would love to take up an eating challenge! We'll see. Maybe someday I'll make it to Orochan. Of course, I don't know what I'd do when I get there. No ramen for Jeffy...



It's not the vegetables I'm worried about...

No comments: