3.02.2009

Catchy, but damn annoying

I keep hearing this one song everywhere. This morning, I heard it on stupid Kevin & Bean. It's part of the playlist that drones on and on at work. This song is called Human by The Killers. The hook goes:

Are we human?
Or are we dancers?
My sign is vital
My hands are cold
And I'm on my knees
Looking for the answer
Are we human?
Or are we dancers?

I like my share of repetitive, hear-it-everywhere songs (lest we forget 2003's Hey Ya, STILL one of my favorites), but I can't get over the permeation of the gay dance club into our every day culture. Now, I love the gays. Love 'em. I support equal rights, equal marriage, everything. It's these annoying songs I equate to hearing when I end up at the Tin Lizzy (yes, really) that I'm tired of. I think it stems to my general hatred of popular music. And lately, Human is as popular as it comes. When describing disdain, I tend to stay away from the word "fucking" unless I really dislike something, although "fucking" is part of my everyday lexicon, it's not often hate-associated. And I fucking hate this song. I can't get it out of my head. Good one on The Killers for coming up with a song like that, but I'm tired of it. And America, you don't have to stand by and listen to these songs, either. Stop buying, stop listening. 88.1 FM is listenable now that their membership drive is over. This song is seriously putting me at "blow-my-brains-out" status.

No comments: