3.31.2009

Now that the iPod works, here's my emo-jazz-sitar playlist

I have no time for bold this, italics that.
Artist, followed by album.
Except for the first selection, which is a track unto itself.
You want it? You got it:

  • Dvorak Serenade for Wind Instruments in D Minor Movement II, Op. 44
  • Beirut, The Flying Club Cup*
  • Beirut, Gulag Orkerstar
  • Beirut, The Lon Gisland EP (I think)
  • Buena Vista Social Club*
  • Charles Mingus, Oh Yeah
  • Charles Mingus, Charles Mingus Presents Charles Mingus
  • Elvis Costello with Burt Bacharach, Painted From Memory*
  • John Coltrane, Blue Train*
  • John Coltrane Quartet, Ballads
  • Matisyahu, Live At Stubbs
  • Miles Davis, Panthalassa/The Remixes
  • Ravi Shankar, LIVE: Ravi Shankar at the Monterey International Pop Festival*
  • RF & Lili De La Mora, Eleven Continents**
  • Sufjan Stevens, Illinois
  • Tabla Beat Science, Tala Matrix


920.8MB/1GB of ecstacy. 13.4 hours, 150 songs. I wish I had it in me to listen to all of it in one sitting.

* = If you don't know, do yourself a favor.
** = This album is literally Heaven on Earth. Ambrosia for the ears.

No comments: