10.21.2009

Open Letter to Angels Fans:

(From my Facebook:)

An L is just an L, no matter how many runs the enemy scores! My Angels are still in it! Get your asses in gear! Time to earn some W's! I didn't propose to my beautiful fiancée on that field for nothing! If the S...tankees win, let 'em win in New York, but don't let 'em take my town! LETS GO ANAHEIM! LETS GO ANGELS! (end Facebook)

Seriously, I'm crazy about this team. This is my first year I've actually followed not only baseball, but any sport. I realize the deck is stacked against us, and I realize we got creamed tonight, but seriously, whether it's 2 to 1, or 20 to 1, a loss is only that. The Halos have a day off Wednesday, then back strong on Thursday. So boys, go home, see your wives, drink your booze, and grieve for your loss, but only briefly. We've got an entire team of cheaters and juicers to beat. If we don't make it to the World Series, lets at least give the Yankees a reason to pause before returning to Anaheim next Spring. Let's prove to New York that Anaheim doesn't put up with East Coast bullshit, at least in Southern California. The Rally Monkey is calling, Angels. Don't keep him waiting.

No comments: